An accident is defined as an incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally. Many times, this is true; things just happen. Often, however, accidents are the direct result of another person’s poor choices, carelessness, or negligence. Injuries may not have been intended, but they occurred because a person or a business did not consider the safety and well-being of others.
Such accidents have real consequences for victims. If you or someone you love is one of the over 13,000 people injured in a Texas road accident, or one of the many hurt in a swimming pool or on an oil and gas field, your life may be forever changed. And those responsible for your accident can and should be held responsible, whatever their intentions might have been.
At the Parker Law Firm, accident attorney Brad Parker represents those who have suffered injuries in accidents. Texas accident victims face many difficulties from physical pain to financial burdens, and our Bedford legal team is here to help. We are committed to our clients as individuals with unique needs and goals, and we work tirelessly to ensure they are able to obtain the justice and compensation they deserve. When you call our office, you’ll find the information you need to begin the recovery process and the experienced legal team that can help you successfully navigate the civil justice system. Call us today or take a moment to fill out our online contact form to learn more and schedule a complimentary strategy session with Brad Parker.
Types of Accident Cases Our Bedford Law Firm Handles
The time after an accident is often very difficult for victims and their families. The physical pain and recovery, as well as the financial stress, can be overwhelming. Typically, victims have little experience with the law, and they are unsure of their rights. You may want to hold the person responsible for the accident accountable, but you aren’t sure how. You may not even be certain whom you can file a claim against.
At Parker Law Firm, we have helped injured clients pursue claims in a wide variety of accident cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Oil and gas field accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
Even if you aren’t sure whether you want to pursue a claim or whether you have a valid claim at all, don’t hesitate to reach out to our experienced accident attorney. Brad Parker and his legal team are happy to talk with you and schedule a complimentary strategy session to help you get the information you need today.
Types of Compensation Available for Texas Accident Victims
A legal case cannot undo the damage done to you and your family in an accident. It cannot take away the physical and emotional pain. It can, however, help you obtain a sense of justice and hold those responsible accountable to prevent more accidents like yours. Additionally, it can help ease the financial burden often experienced by accident victims.
Many times, victims or their family members must miss work due to injuries and lose much needed income. The law awards compensation to accident victims so they can avoid undue hardship and to offer some reparation for the unnecessary pain and upheaval in their lives. Texas does not limit the amount of money that can be awarded to an accident victim, and it is be possible to obtain compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of consortium
The compensation that is available to accident victims can vary, depending on each unique situation and the specific factors involved. An experienced accident attorney can help you understand the types of compensation that could be awarded to you and your family. Call the Parker Law Firm today to speak to Brad Parker and get a better sense of what your injury case might look like.
How Our Dallas County Accident Lawyers Can Help
Unfortunately, after an accident the responsible parties and their insurance companies will often immediately take an offensive approach. Insurance adjusters will begin to call right away, pushing victims to offer information or to sign waivers and statements that diminish their rights and minimize compensation. It can be a difficult and confusing time for victims who are still trying to address their injuries and begin a recovery.
An experienced accident attorney can provide vital services to help you and your family ensure your successful future, including:
- Offering information. They say information is power, and it’s true. The more you know about your rights and Texas law, the stronger your case will be. At Parker Law Firm, one of our top priorities is providing the information accident victims need to feel confident and empowered.
- Gathering evidence. When facing insurance companies or heading to court, accident victims need the right evidence to ensure that the negligence of the responsible party is clearly displayed. An experienced accident attorney can help you identify and obtain that evidence. From police reports to expert testimony, evidence is a key aspect of a successful accident claim.
- Determining fault. While fault is ultimately determined by the court if necessary, the evidence and story presented to an insurance company can help victims obtain compensation. Texas accident claims are based on the idea of comparative fault, meaning victims must show how the responsible party was at fault and to what degree in order to obtain compensation.
- Negotiating with insurance companies. Insurance companies do not always play fair. They will not inform you of your rights, and they may even try to hide information from you. With a legal team who has been there before, accident victims can anticipate the motives of insurance companies and be prepared with an effective response.
If you or someone you love has suffered injuries in an accident in Texas, you deserve to have your voice heard. You deserve justice and accountability. The experienced legal team at the Parker Law Firm is here to help. Call our office today to speak with Brad Parker and schedule a free strategy session. If you prefer, take a moment to fill out our online contact form to receive a prompt, helpful response.