Because of the reckless behavior of a teenaged driver, our young client’s life was forever changed. One minute, he was looking forward to his senior year of high school and the start of tennis season, and the next, he was being airlifted to a hospital in Fort Worth.
As his attorneys, we worked hard to get him the financial settlement he would need to offset some of his losses and put his life back on track.
Fault Was Clear, So Our Demand Was High
Our client spent the morning playing tennis and hanging out with friends. Having left his car at the high school in the morning, he asked a friend for a ride back to school to get his car. Instead of the quick trip it should have been, however, the friend decided to turn it into a dangerous joy ride.
According to witnesses interviewed by police at the scene, the driver was speeding through the residential area when he lost control, crossing into the oncoming lane of traffic, over the curb, and into the yard of a house on the street.
The car hit a tree head on and was split in two by the impact. The driver’s speed and recklessness were clearly the cause of the crash. One witness even reported hearing squealing tires moments before the crash, which provided further evidence of the driver’s recklessness.
Our Client Suffered as a Result
While the negligent driver only suffered a minor concussion, our client suffered injuries that would require years of recovery. By providing a detailed description of his injuries and his journey to recovery, we were able to present a strong case for compensation to the driver’s insurance company in the full amount of the insurance policy.
The insurer agreed to our demands based on the evidence we presented of the following injuries sustained by our client:
- Fractured wrist
- Fractured ankle
- Broken pelvis
- Fractured hip socket
- Broken ribs
- Pulmonary contusion
- Spleen laceration
- Numerous deep cuts requiring stitches
Our client required several surgeries to repair fractures with metal rods and plates and was not able to take his first steps with a walker until two months after the surgeries.
But, physical injuries and medical bills are only part of the story in a serious car crash like this. Included in our demand letter were details of some of the other non-economic losses suffered by our client, including the following:
- Due to his injuries, our client was never able to return to playing tennis at the same high level he had before the accident.
- Our client was unable to start his dream job at Cowboys Stadium.
- He missed out on the entire first semester of his senior year and was unable to complete a math class he wanted to take because his home-bound teacher could not teach the concepts.
- Our client was unable to apply to the colleges he had been considering in the summer before his senior year and ended up staying at home and attending UTA for the first year of college.
- He required help for all of his personal needs for the first few months, endured months of painful physical therapy, and suffered from depression.
- His mother reported that he was never the same fun-loving, carefree kid he was before the accident.
- He continued to suffer with stiffness and pain and will need to return for further surgeries eventually.
With these facts, the insurance company couldn’t avoid agreeing to the terms of settlement, and we were able to give our client and his parents some relief from the bills and other losses they were facing.
Brad Parker Goes to Bat for You
In a case like this one, it is likely that the insurance company for the driver will offer injured parties a settlement pretty quickly after the accident—trying to get away with paying as little as possible. It would be a mistake to accept any settlement before full medical recovery is obtained. Only after all medical treatment has concluded can a full assessment of someone’s injuries be fully understood and appreciated. Only then can a settlement be entered into that compensates the injured party completely.
When you work with Parker Law Firm to handle a claim for you, you can rest assured knowing we will never settle for less than you need and deserve when someone else’s negligence has stolen so much from you.
Don’t talk to an insurance adjuster before calling us. If we can help, we will! Download one of our free books explaining your rights.
Talk to Someone Today
Parker Law Firm
2317 Plaza Parkway #100
Bedford, TX 76021
209 N Hampton St
Fort Worth, TX 76102
By appointment only