Dangerous Product News
Earlier this year in May, a popular inflatable pool slide was recalled because there were several reports of people being injured when using it. Besides the numerous injuries, one person died and another was paralyzed in accidents that involved the Banzai Inflatable Pool Slide. Apparently the victims were hurt when the slide deflated while it was being used and the users ended up hitting their head or other areas of their bodies on the edge of the in ground pool where it is being used. The impact from such an accident can possibly cause serious life threatening injuries. Some of the dangers include:
- Leg, arm, shoulder fractures and other bone fractures
- Head injury and brain trauma
- Broken necks
- Paraplegia or Quadriplegia
- Injuries to the spinal cord
- Paralysis of users
- Death resulting from a head or neck injury
All too often people are injured by dangerous and defective products such as the Banzai inflatable slide. Often manufacturers release products without properly testing them first for possible dangers. They might also use lower quality parts that might fail during use or not labeling their products efficiently to inform consumers of the dangers that the product might have. As these types of cases have increased, more Law firm jobs have been created. In the case of the inflatable slide, the product deflated when it wasn’t supposed to. Perhaps the valve that was used malfunctioned or users exceeded a weight limit for the product that the manufacturer did include in labeling on the package. The Consumer Product Safety Commission found the dangers of the slide to be:
- The slide an deflate allowing the user to hit the ground under the slide
- The slide is unstable and can fall over when it’s windy and not windy
- The slide has insufficient warnings and instructions in the packaging
If you are someone you know owns a Banzai Inflatable Pool Slide then you should immediately return it to the store where it was purchased to prevent serious injuries to you and your family. If you or a family member has sustained an injury or fatality from using this slide or any other consumer product or toy then consult with a product liability attorney or personal injury lawyer who can fight for your rights and hold responsible parties liable. Many Law firm jobs are based on these types of injuries.
Buckyball Magnet Toy Sets Pose Extreme Risk To Young Children
In March 2010 Buckballs High-Powered Magnet Toy Sets were recalled from the public because of the company’s improper marketing to children under 14 years old. There were reports by the Consumer Product Safety Commission that Buckyballs and similar magnet toys causing serious injuries to children. The CPSC found that the company was violating US safety standards by marketing the magnet balls to young children. Young children tend to put everything in their mouths and the injuries that children sustained were a result of them ingesting the powerful magnets. Swallowing buckballs can cause serious damage to the individual including:
- Holes and tearing of the stomach and intestines
- Intestinal blockage due to twisting of the intestines caused by magnets attracting each other
- Blood poisoning from the magnets
- Death from internal bleeding, toxic buildup etc
Families who have been affected by the magnet toy should consult with a product liability attorney to obtain lawsuit evaluations and get more information on their options. Often children will find the small magnets and accidentally swallow them. If more than one magnet is swallowed, the magnets can attract each other and cause intestinal perforations or blockages, which can cause death to the individual.
Actions Taken In This Case
The Consumer Product Safety Commission found that the company did not meet the safety standards for marketing the product which requires that such toys not be sold to children under 14 years of age. The products were being sold at places where toys were sold, stationery and office supply stores. If parents have purchased Buckyballs, they should return them immediately or contact the manufacturer to see about getting a refund. If you suffered the unfortunate occurrence of an injury or fatality in your family as a result of Buckyballs, you may be able to file a lawsuit to obtain compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages. To learn more about the legal options available to you, please contact a personal injury lawyer today!