Dallas/Fort Worth Car Accident Attorneys
Dallas/Forth Worth Auto Accident Statistics
Here in Tarrant Country, approximately 250 people are killed every year due to auto accidents. In the United States there were more than six million auto accidents in 2005. Of these accidents, nearly 43,000 people were killed. The staggering facts are that over 100 people die every single day due to vehicle accidents in the United States. The Dallas auto accident lawyers at Parker Law Firm understand how to successfully recover the maximum compensation for car accident victims who have suffered serious injuries.
Many Americans spend a large amount of their time commuting to work and traveling by car. Even people who take every proper safety precaution while driving may still be involved in an accident at some point in their lives. And even the best driver may become distracted at some point while driving. Your attention may be on a phone call you are taking or by children in the backseat.
If you are involved in an accident, whether you think you are at fault or if you are a potential victim, once you contact the proper authorities and exchange contact and insurance information with the other people involved in the accident, your next step should be to contact our Dallas car accident lawyers. We can help you decide how to handle this car accident and the impact it could have on your life.
Dallas Auto Accident Facts
Car accidents are accountable for untold numbers of personal injuries and wrongful death every year in this country. You are more likely to be involved in a serious automobile accident than you are to die of heart disease. Some astonishing facts based on a 2001 study performed by the National Safety Council are that:
- There is a death caused by a motor vehicle crash every 12 minutes; there is a disabling injury every 14 seconds.
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for people ages 1 to 33.
- The age groups most affected by motor vehicle crashes are 15-24 and 75+.
- There were an estimated 5,800 pedestrian deaths and 90,000 injuries.
- Walking in the roadway accounted for only 9% of all pedestrian deaths and injuries.
- About 3 in every 10 Americans will be involved in an alcohol-related traffic accident at some time in their lives.
- Bicycling resulted in about 800 deaths in collisions with motor vehicles.
What to do and What not to do if Involved in an Auto Accident
If you or a loved one is involved in an car accident or car wreck remember some simple do’s and don’ts:
- Do call the police and stay calm
- Do call for medical assistance
- Do get other driver’s Driver License information and Insurance Company
- Do get witness names & phone numbers
- Once you get home, call us for what next to do to best protect your rights.
- Don’t admit fault
- Don’t give a statement to anyone other than the police
- Don’t give information other than your Driver License and Insurance Company
Free Legal Consultation with Dallas Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured in a auto accident in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, contact one of our Dallas personal injury lawyers at the Parker Law Firm to discuss your rights and any compensation you may be entitled to. We know how scary car accidents can be and we are here to help you work through this situation.